Tuesday, January 3, 2006

DTC Date

DTC Date!!Date: 1/3/2006
I just found out on New Year's Eve that my dossier was logged in with the CCAA back on Dec 13, 2005!! My DTC date. I was at a friends house to ring in the New Year, and thought I would check my email. It was very special for me to have a lot of my friends around me to celebrate with me!! God works all things out perfectly!! What a great way to bring in a New Year.Christmas was a bit difficult for me this year. I couldn't stop thinking that this was just one more thing that I have missed with my daughter. I know all the right things to think and say about the wait, but I still felt sadness for her and for us as we are still apart, and she is still in the orphanage.We have been told that the average time to get a final approval from the DTC has been between 11-14 weeks. Averaging 2-4 weeks after the final approval before travel, I may be able to go to CHina to get her sometime between Mid March to late April. All this is guesswork, with some educated figuring. Only God knows when I will go, and I am ready yesterday!!I had an interview yesterday with one of the foundations I have applied to for a grant. They recommeded that I share on this site how the finances are going, so people can pray and give if they feel led. So here we are:The Lord has used so many people already and has provided just over half of the money I need. I still need approximately $10,000 to make the trip debt free. I still have four grants that I am still waiting to hear from. Three others have turned me down because I am single. PLease pray for open hearts!

No comments: