Thursday, February 9, 2006

Update

Update on Addie Mei!!!!Date: 2/9/2006
I wanted to let you all know about the update I got on my little girl. It looks like things are a bit slow in China right now, and the timeline is being backed up to a 3 to 4 month wait from the time my dossier was logged in. It was only 1 to 2 months when I started. My dossier was logged in on Dec 13, 2005. I hope to hear something from the CCAA, Chinese Center of Adoption Affairs, sometime by April 13th and then prayerfully travel no later than May 1st. Pure speculation and grasping at straws. No one knows what will happen when.This delay has been very challanging for me, to say the least. The Lord has surrounded me with wonderful people though!! I have had 2 wonderful baby showers to bless this little child! I have 2 more coming in a week in MI!!! This visit to MI will be the first time I get to be with my friends, shower 1, and entire family, shower 2, since I started this adoption journey! This have been very helpful in passing the time and being surrounded by people who love me and Addie Mei.I received a $2000 grant from China Care Foundation!! This grant foundation is designed to help special needs children find their forever families!! This is a very generous grant!!! I also am receiving a pretty substantial return from my income taxes this year! God is continuing to work out the finances needed. I have no more grants that I am waiting on, so the rest is up to me, and God of course!!Now to the update! I got an email today from Maury with an attachment from the orphanage. I will summerize the growth and then cut and past the written update. She is:30 inches tall22 poundshas 6 teethand her feet are 4.73 inches longFrom the orphanage:She can walk, squat and get up freely. She can walk quickly toward things she is interested in. She can hold her bottle. She is alert when she is front of strangers or in a new environment. She understands simple instructions from her caretakers. She can say words like “yee (salutation to caretakers/ladies)” or “Jie(big sister).” Her caretakers have to feed her when she eats regular food. She is wearing diaper. She is introverted and sometimes stubborn. She cries if she is ignored. She tries to get her caretakers’ attention sometimes. We all know she won't have to cry much due to ignoring issues! She will be the center of my life, right after God!! Ok, OK, she already is, but that is as it should be!!Thank you for all your prayers and your support!!God Bless,Tamie

No comments: