Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Fall Fun

Date: 10/26/2006
This is my favorite time of the year!!!! It is made all that more special because I get the special honor of sharing it with my daughter. She also loves to be outside, so we have a lot of fun doing so! We went to the pumpkin patch and had a riot!! She is so determined to do anything, it is fun to watch. There is nothing this little girl will not try. She rode a pony, climbed a HUGE haystack, tried to carry every pumkin she touched, it was too funny!We also had our first fun in the leaves! I did not know what she would think of playing in the leaves, because she does not like to be messy or dirty. She jumped right in though! Occassionally I would have to rescue her mittens from the sticking leaves, but it was all good.She is developing great! She gets stronger everyday. Her speech is coming slowly, but she is talking much more. Only a select few can actually understand her though. She has graduated from all of her therapies except speech and dietician. She is still quite a bit underweight, so we are keeping a close eye on this. All is else perfect!!I was just talking with her the other night while she was sitting on the edge of her bed. We were talking about all the things she has learned to do in the last 7 1/2 months. I just started to cry as I told her how amazing she is. I know I would not handle everything that she has had to go through as well as she has. God has truely guided her through all of this.I am so excited abuot sharing our first Christmas together!! It is fun establishing our own family traditions all fresh and new! I will keep some of my own, but we also will develop our own special traditions.Thanks for checking in on us from time to time!

No comments: