Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Suixi SWI Visit

Suixi SWI VisitDate: 3/15/2006
It is Thursday afternoon here, and Adeline is sleeping. I thought I would try to fill you in on yesterday.First of all, Adeline made it through the last 2 nights without any further terrors, PTL!! She has been waking up at 3:30am and then going back to sleep, but last night she slep through the night for 11 hours!! Brenda must have tried her put yesterday.I left very early in the morning to take a plane to Zhanjiang, the city where Suixi is located. It was only about a 45 minute flight. Director Han was at the airport waiting for me with a HUGE smile on his face!! He is such a dear, sweet man. He has been the director of this orphanage for 15 years!!He took us to lunch, I ate things I never thougth I would like sheep, turtle, shrimp, fully cooked in the sheel and with the head and feet. It was all delicious!! THe two vice directors and 2 accountnats met us for lunch also.We had a lot of time to talk, and Helen translatted for me. She is out local guide her in Guangzhou. She went with me, while another guide went with our other family to their SWI.The vice director who handed Adeline to me at the Civil Affairs said she was very surprised at how Adeline responded to me. She is very affraid of stangers, and normally cries when the are around her. (Be aware of this at the airport for those who are coming). She said she had never expected her to be so calm and comfortable with me. I knew in my heart this was a n answer to many, many, many prayers that she would know me and that God would put a picture of me in her heart!!!!They told me all about Suixi and its culture. They talked about legends of the area and things they are proud of.At the SWI, or orphanage, they served us mangos grown right htere. They were delicious! They snet me back to Guangzhou with some of them for Adeline.Director Han presented me with a book on Suixi. It is a history of the city. Helen translatted some things for me, so I know what it is saying about the SWI. He then took me on a small tour.I was able to visit her actual room. Her bed is still empty, and her name is still on the plaque. It was very difficult fo rme to see her bed empty and see the other 34 babies in the room still waiting. They introduced me to her best friend. Her name is Sui Chun Heng. I took a very nice picture of her. In th epictures the orphanage took with the disposable camera, they are in the crib together at meal time.This was a tough stop for me. I had envisioned her in oneof the smaller rooms with nly 12 babies in it. Instead there was 35 , inculding her, and only 2 nannies. Praise God she is with me now, but the site of those others will haunt me. It took every ounceof strength I had to not pick up Chun Heng and walk out with her too.I did not get any footage of the SWI as my camcorder decided to have issues on the way there. I do no know what is wrong with it, but it is not viewing things in color, and mostly whites everything out. Oh, well....The next step was to drive 1.5 hours to the site she was found. It was sereal to drive the very road that she took on her way to the SWI. She was only 2 days old when she was on that road.We arrived, and they took me to actual spot she was found. I was the object of much attention byt the locals, as I look very different from them. I didn't pay as much attention to them at first as I did to the piece of concrete where my baby girl lay for the first few hours of her life.I was told more about her first days. I do not want to post the details, as this is private for her.Director Han was very excited to be here also. He took lots of pictures of me standing at the site Adeline lay. I tried to look into the eyes of the people there. They seemed to have a little spark of life that i had not seem in many of the other nationals here. I took a lot of pictures of the street and the people. Many were shy and scared, but some allowed me to take their picture.The driver was very patient with us, as i wanted pictures of the countryside. He would stop when we came across something I wanted to snap. I have some great pictures to share!!!I am so thankful that I went. I have so much more to give to Adeline than i had thought I would. This trip was worth every penny I had to spend.Helen and I had to spend 6 hours at the airport. I am very happy we waitedin the building, as they locked it. They closed down in between flights. We were locked inside. By the way, they DO NOT HEAT their buildings. I was shivering!!!!! Me, who is always hot, shivering, chattering teeth, the whole bit. We finally got back to Guangzhou at 1am. I had prayed Adeline would sleep through the night. SHe did!!!!! She woke up well and seemed happy I was there. It was the first morning, she woke right up and seemd awake and ready to go. I actually got a smile out of her before 4 pm. Usally she doesn't loosen up until the later afternoon.This morning, she ate very well, she allowed me to have her walk while holding my finger, and she even played without me holding her in the Swan Room. We played chase. I was trying to make a game out of it,she was just trying to catch me so I would hold her. She handle it well. The squeeky shoes really help her want to walk!! She loves to here them squeek. She stomps down when she walks to make them louder. My smart cookie!!!This is long enough, but I wanted to thank you all again for all your prayers. She does seem to be improving!! 1 more week!!!!Love Tamie and Adeline
Copyright © 2007 D&L Solutions, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service Feedback

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammie,
I was on google and saw youre site with youre beautifull daughter!
Our daughter is also from the Suixi Welfare Institute. She was born on December 25, 2005. Her name was Sui Hua Jun, now its Kiki Sui Hua Jun. We are from the Netherlands.
I noticed that you have been to the Suixi Social Welfare Institute during youre adoption trip to China. I was Wondering if you where able to take pictures in the orphanage especially from the children that where still their.
I am searching all through the internet for pictures of our daughter when she was younger so I google a lot.
If you do have pictures would you like to share? Maybe our daughter is on it.
If not, its also ok of course.
Thank you in advance.
Greatings from the Netherlands,
Angela
angela@mateijsen.nl