Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Not all rosey

Not all rosey!Date: 3/14/2006
I think Adeline is starting to deal with some of the changes in her life. Yesterday, we went out for dinner. She waas quite clingy all night, not that this is new. On the ride home she initiated me into Mommyhood with a nice blanketful of vomit. I did very well for those of you who know how sensitive my stomach is to such matters. I usually am the sympathetic vomitter. Her little tummy was just a rumbling for the rest of the night. Once she went to sleep, she did fine until abut 3am. She woke up screaming. I know her tummy was rolling again. She finally fell back to sleep drapped on her tummy across mine. At 5am, she introduced me to something I had prayed I would not have to witness, a night terror. It was so strange to see her so aggitated and aggressive, yet know she was still sleeping. She settled after about 1/2 hour, then sleep until 7:30am.She has been very, very lathargic today. She has been slumped over and extra clingy. She has refused to walk or let us put her down. Even in the room, where she seems comfortable. She woke up very hard this morning. We finally had to put her in the tub to wake her enough to eat. She finally took a a bottle of water. I think she is somewhat dehyradrated, as she did not eat well yesterday.I am going to go to Suixi tomorrow. I will be going without Adeline. It is going to be very hard for me to leave her, even though I know that she is in perfect hands. The only problem is that those hands ar enot Mama's and she has only known the Mama hands for 2 days. I think the trip woul dbe too much on her. The lesser of the two problems is to leave her here. I pray she does well for Brenda. She is not liking it when I leave her with Brenda right now.I know tomorrow will be very emotional for me. I am going to get to go to her finding site and tour the orphanage. We will be spending all day there and returning late tomorrow night. I will not post tomorrow.Thank you to each of you for your emails. The support has been so needed. I knew this would be hard, but I couldn't have been prepared for everything.Love ya,Tamie

No comments: