Friday, March 17, 2006

4 more days

4 more daysDate: 3/17/2006
Hey evereyone,We have had a rough last coupl of days here. Adeline has stopped drinking a bottle, and eating anything that is not a cheerio. We noticed something in her mouth and looked. She has some sort of rash in her mouth.I took her back to the doctor with the rest of the group and they said she has an ulcer from a lack of vitamins. We have come to the point of having to force anything into her via syringe. I am even forcing pedialyte through the syringe. She hates it and fights so hard. For someone so little, she is strong.Sleeping is not much better. She has to be hungry and thirsty, and tired. When I try to get her to go to sleep, she fights so hard. I have decided to try letting her "put herslef to sleep" while I sit right beside the crib so she knows I am there. I had her sleep with me last night hoping it would help, and it did not. So we are sticking with the crib, at least this way I can sleep when she actually gives it up.Now that it sounds like I am absolutley regretting this adoption, I am not!! I love this little girl more than i ever thought I could. It is so hard ot see her in distress, and not know how to help her. It seems anything I try makes it harder for her, so I let her work it out. I just make sure she knows I am there.I ask you to pray for us in these last few days. Pray for her to feel better and be able to eat and drink again. I hate having to force things down her. Also pray ofr us as we are facing a very long flight home. I do not know how she will handle the flying.Love,Tamie and Adeline

No comments: