Wednesday, October 13, 2010










So I have been a bit negligent with updating for the past few months. So sorry. We had a wonderful summer and fall. I will try to recap:

We had the wonderful opportunity to have a reunion this summer in PA with other families who adopted children from the same Social Welfare Institute as Addie-Mei. It was so precious to see the girls interacting and enjoying so much fun with each other. It was a double pleasure for us, as one of the precious little girls was also our sweet KK. She and Addie-Mei were cribmates in China. He mother and I had met online even before we had met our girls. We did not figure out their relationship in China until months after being home and looking at pictures the nannies had taken of the girls in the SWI before we traveled. Their connection is deep and it was obvious the moment we reunited them after 4.5 years. Addie-Mei and I have taken a trip to AL to spend a long weekend with them at their home. While in AL, Addie-Mei caught her fist fish, a HUGE striped bass. She even caught it on one of those little Disney reels :o) KK and her mom will be coming this way in November for a visit as well. A relationship that will prayerfully last a lifetime!

Addie-Mei has started first grade. She is doing GREAT! She loves her teacher, and loves her classmates. She is catching on to all the new concepts there are to learn in first grade. It is such a blessing to me to see her grown intellectually and emotionally. She continues to gain ground in playing the piano. She was blessed with a piano as a special birthday gift. (Mama found a great deal on Craigslist :o)) She loves it. This Christmas she plans on going to a nursing home to play the piano for the residents and also paint the ladies finger nails. She has such a sweet heart! Gymnastics also keeps her hopping, literally :o) She loves it and does well at it. I will keep her in the non competitive gym for now. We will see where her passion leads us.

This fall I took the opportunity to bring Addie-Mei to a Broadway Musical, Marry Poppins. It was a wonderful evening and a great show. Something we will both cherish for a long time. Sweet memories!

School for me is going great. I have wonderful kids and wonderful classes. I cannot complain :o)

I will try to post a little more consistently.

Tamie and Addie-Mei

4 comments:

Teresa said...

It is great to hear about your summer!! Addie Mei is just precious and she is growing up so quickly..you are doing a great job with her mama:) We would love to know where Addie Mei is going for gymnastics as Gabriella too seems to enjoy this as well...everything is a balance beam etc:) Would love to get together and see you all this fall:) Give Addie Mei a hug from us:)

Ellie said...

Very nice to read about what you're up to, and see sweet Addie Mei's photos. She's growing so much, and is such a beautiful young lady :) I remember way back when... praying for her while you waited. What a beautiful story she has! That is WONDERFUL, that she's been able to reconnect with her crib-mate! Love that!

Mireille said...

A friend of mine directed me to your blog because she finds that my twin girls look so much like Addie Mei, when they were younger. And I must admit she is right. Although as a mother I see the differences, I can understand that other people have a hard time... so funny though. Since Addie Mei is from China and my girls are from Thailand, but there is some resemblance especially with Jasmine one of my daughters. Look and see through my blog postings from 2008 the younger years and maybe you will see it too :-)

Mireille said...

By the way my blog is http://funkydoodledonkey.blogspot.com because I noticed that my profile is not working??