Friday, March 10, 2006

Busy day, little sleep

Busy day on little sleepDate: 3/10/2006
Today was a busy day. It started out with me not falling asleep until 4am, after taking a sleeping pill. I only ended up getting 2 hours of sleep. Not a great start to the day.Besides being very tired, we have been busy. We visited Tienamen (sp) Square. We did not get to tour it because there was a Chinese Council meeting there, everything was closed off. We then went to Forbidden City.This was very interesting and beautiful. It was nice to look at, but did not really give me too much insight into what it was for. I will have to do some research on my own. It was VERY WINDY!! We went to a CHinese restaurant for lunch. They had dancers and performed while we ate. It was very nice! The food was great and it was nice to just sit and talk.After a couple hour break, we went to the Acrobatics show. This was amazing!! I can't believe what they can make their bodies do. I was in pain for them.I am having a hard time today, as I am really wishing I was in Guangzhou already. I am not here for a vacation, although I am enjoying the sites and learning about the culture. I am torn between learning what I can about Adelines heritage and wanting her in my arms. I know all will come in due time, but on very little sleep, my mind is not worth much.Tonight I am going to take 2 sleeping pills, and pray that I can sleep for a straight 8 hours. I will need this, as Sunday I will be leaving for Guangzhou and meeting Addie Mei for the first time.Pictures are taking a long time to upload, so do not expect a lot. Keep looking at her baby album. The rest of the pictures can be seen when we get home. I am hoping Guangzhou's Internet is better.Please pray for us as we are getting closer, and I think it will only get harder to be patient.Tamie

No comments: