Thursday, March 9, 2006

Great first day

Great first day!!Date: 3/9/2006
Well, after waking up at 1am, then falling back to sleep, our day began at about 6:30. Neither Brenda nor I have had any problems with jet lag today. Maybe the "No Jet Lag" stuff we took on the plane really does work!!!We had a wonderful breakfast here. This hotel is amazing. It has only been open since October. They are taking great care of us.At 10am we were picked up by the China Care Foundation driver. We had a wonderful visit at their children's hospital. It wasn't anything like i had imagined. They have about 5 houses they have rented in a housing development. between 5 and 10 children live in each house. They have caretakers, or nannies, that work in each of these homes.These children are taken out of Chinese orphanges because they would die without the care they receive at the China Care homes. China Care gets them the medical attention they need. Once they are healthy again, or enough, they send them to foster care homes, until they can be adopted. It is amazing what they do!The director and his wife are great! They told me that Alex, my cousin, was a great value to them when he was here in January. He had built some much needed shelves in their warehouse. The shelves are loaded and they are so thankful. They think about him a lot.I think his presence here was a big help to me getting the grant they gave towards my adoption. The director said that I was a shoe in from the beginning of the long process for the grant. I asked why that was, and he said because they loved Alex!!My friends Tony and Roberta made it safely!! We are getting ready to go to dinner. Tomorrow we are going to the Great Wall during the day then an Acrobatics show at night. I am NOT going to try to walk any of the Wall. Brenda is, but my hip will not tolerate it. I am struggling today with it, as I thought I might. Please pray for it to settle down before I have to carry Adeline around. Check out Addie's baby album. I will try to upload pictures each day here. It is somewhat slow and frustrating, so so not expect many pictures. I will try to get at least three a day. No promises though!!Thats about it. Happy Thursday to you!!!Tamie

No comments: