Sunday, March 12, 2006

Gotcha Day!!!

Gotch a Day!!!Date: 3/12/2006
Wow, what a day. I hope I can capture everything in a condensed manner. I am very tired right now, so please forgive the typos.We arrived in Guangzhou at about 1pm and Helen was waiting for us at the airport. She took us to the hotel, 45 minute drive, and told us to meet in the obby at 2pm. Yes, so the math!! 15 minutes to get the luggae upstairs, unpack the gifts, and get downstairs, all while trying to keep my mind together.We arrived at the Civial affairs office at 2:15. My friends son wa there waiting for them! He had a good initial transition, then had alittle harder time. His name is Brett, andI am sure he and Addie Mei are going to be friends!!Addie Mei was not yet in the building at this time. I was a bit sad to know that they drove her in on the same day. This is a long drive for her and then to be handed to a perfect stranger.At about 3pm, in they come!!!!!!!!! Helen told me they wer eon their way up. She was so beautiful!! All dressed ina white jumper, with those HUGE dark brown eyes!! She came right to me. She snuggled right against my chest and there she stayed, all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She only cried a couple of times when she saw her nanny walk out the door, or when Brenda tried to play with her. I just sang in her ear and prayed for her, and she settled right down.I was an absolute mess!! After watching Wendy and Buddy receive Brett, I was a basket case. NOt to mention when they brought Adeline nito the room. Brenda captured the whole thing on video and we have tons of pictures!!!!!She fell asleep on the way to the hotel and then slept for another 1 and a half hours. When she woke up, she took a bottle! I was so excitedthat she took something! We changed her diaper and began to see the real Adeline come out. She started to smile at me and loves to see her reflection inthe mirror. I actually had her belly laughing a couple of times!!! I wa so releived to see her smile. The nanny said she would smile once she wamred up!! Done!!!She had a little hard time with going tobed tonight. Everything is so different for her. I rocked her to sleep finally after about 30 minutes. She is snoozing away rightnow!!She did receive the care package I sent. They returned everything but the photo album. I have a camera full of pictures I missed out on! I can't wait to get them devveloped!!!As for me, I am so exhausted rightnow, but yet so wide awake with adrenaline. I can't explain the feeling of seeing her come trough that door. I felt like she had been mine all along! All of my prayers were answered! I am so relieved that our first day went so smoothily. I had prepared for the worst, and got a great day!!! Thanks be to God!!!The pictures are still vry difficult to upload. I will try again, but no promises!!Thanks to all of you for you calls and emails!! I really need them. It is hard ot be so far away from you all!!Love ya,

No comments: