Friday, March 24, 2006

Settling In

We are home and settling in.Date: 3/24/2006
We are home!!!!!!!!!!! What an adventure the last few days have been. To start with, my daughter is a trooper!! She did fantastic on the flights home!! Another testimony to answered prayers!! She only cried when we were boarding the plane or when we were getting off. She drank her bottle through take offs, and slept through landings!!! She also had a great trip frmo Beijing. She slept for 8 hours! The airline set us up with 2 isle seats and an open seat in the middle so we could lay her down. She did great! She loved walking the isles when she was awake. Everyone seemed to like hearing her squeaky shoes coming! Many of the older women tried to hold her. She let a couple of them, but not too often.Now that we are home, we are onto transition number 2. Adeline did great at the airport. We had so many friends and famiyl there to greet us and our friends that were with us. It was truely overwhelming for me. She did great, I was the one overwhelmed. My track team surprised me with most of my throwers there! That was a grreat surprise.Addie Mei was not too imporessed with the car seat. She was tired, dehydrated from the plane, and not wanting to be apart from Mama. It was a long trip home.She has had a hard time adjusting to the time difference. Her little body is all messed up. Yesterday she started running a fever and just not feeling well. We went to the doctor for our prescheduled appointment. She looks good, except she is way too light. only 18 lbs 11 oz. She is 20 months old. The doctor is wondeful! I am very happy to have found her. We have her starte on antibiotics for the fever/ear issues and we have to go tomorrow for chest x-rays. She has a nasty cough to go with that fever. Just wanting to make sure we aren't dealing with pneumonia.We both got some much needed sleep this afternoon. 2.5 hours straight. We are improving. I just laid her down for the "night." I pray she sleeps at least 4 hours straight. Hoer little body clock thinks it is nap time, not night time.I will try to get some more pictures up tomorrow. If I get some good sleep tonight, I will work on it during her naptime.I thank you all for your wonderful comments on the guestbook. It has been great to hear from you all!Will try to keep you up to date on our adjustments, but things are a bit hazy right now for us.Love,Tamie and Adeline

No comments: